We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of trust and mutual understanding.
As a volunteer you have a responsibility to:
- Perform all tasks within your volunteer role to the best of your ability.
- Work in partnership with volunteers, staff and the general public.
- Support, respect and adhere to our organisational policies, guidelines and management decisions – including all aspects of equal opportunities, health and safety, data protection and use of our brand.
- Consider and protect Cowley Road Works's good reputation.
- Act responsibly and within the law.
- Let the CRW Volunteers Coordinator know first if you have any problems or complaints so that we can find a solution together.
- Let the CRW Volunteers Coordinator know if there are changes in your personal circumstances that may affect your volunteering.
- Have the best possible experience by getting involved and enjoying your volunteering.
In return, Cowley Road Works will:
- Offer equal opportunities to everyone who wants to volunteer.
- Respect the skills, dignity and individual needs of the volunteers and do our best to adjust to these individual requirements.
- Provide adequate information, training and assistance for the volunteer to be able to meet the responsibilities of their role.
- Celebrate success and recognise loyalty and dedication.
- Respect our volunteers and listen to what you have to say, consistently encouraging two-way communication.
- Provide information about CRW's policies and procedures.
- Try to resolve any concerns fairly and reasonably
- Seek to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all volunteers
- Encourage a positive and friendly atmosphere.
- Provide access to trained members of staff to support, advise and guide you.
- Provide opportunities to develop new skills and experience, make new friends and contribute to your community.
Download the volunteering policy here.